Thursday 10 April 2008

Pico Award

What a surprise to receive this award from my good friend, Marianne. This lady lives in the Netherlands and soon after we 'connected' in blogland, I realised that I can understand her language, as many South African forefathers came from Holland, France, Germany and Britain.
The second language spoken in South Africa is called Afrikaans and it very closely resembles Dutch. I learnt it at school from a very early age and, altough I've lived here in the UK for the past 22 years, I am still completely bilingual.
Now Marianne and I communicate in Dutch/Afrikaans on our blogs and it's great fun. I understand almost all she writes and I believe she understands me too. She also has two adorable shih tzus so how could we not become friends? If you think that Snuffles is cute take a look at these two.

Thank you so much, my friend, it's a pleasure to receive this award.
Baie dankie, my vriendin, dis n plesier on hierdie verkenning to kry.

The Rules:
1.)Pick 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of this award, based on their.....
Creativity
Design
Interesting material, and
Contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2.)For each award giver: include the name of the author and a link to their blog, so they can be visited.
3.)For each recipient: show the award with the name and link to the blogger from whom it was received.
4.)For both giver and receiver: show the link (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)
5.)Publish these rules

It's very difficult to choose only five people, but here they are:

human being
beammeupscotty
teric
diana evans
studiololo
auntiemim
(Oops I can't count!)

All of your blogs are amazing in one way or another, actually in lots of ways, and you make my blogging world such fun to be in!
Thanks and hugs.