Friday 22 February 2008

Book meme

Eeeeek, it's Thursday already, and my week of 'half-term' holiday is nearly over. I'm having such fun, blogging often, reading often, painting more than often, talking to my hubby often...and of course playing with Snuffles often.

I found Ronni's blog yesterday and am stealing her idea of a 'book meme' post.

So, here are the rules:

1.) Pick up the nearest book of (at least 123 pages).

2.) Open the book to page 123.

3.) Find the fifth sentence.

4.) Post the next three sentences.

5.) Tag five people.

I have just started reading 'Ma, he sold me for a few cigarettes' by Martha Long



"....Get back on the street where I found ye."

I put the coat on me, an it went down te me shoes. Then he lifted me by the neck, opened the door, an roared,'get back on the streets. An if I ever see ye aroun, ye're fuckin dead!"

Mmmm, interesting as we are possibly looking at a case of paternal abuse at school right now, which Bev is most concerned about. A message maybe?

I invite the following people to try their hand at this:

Debra
Mim
Lynn
Teri
Cris
What the hell, I invite all of you reading this post to have a go......