Thursday 15 May 2008

Friendship

Human Being wrote:
Do you like another challenge?In the comments section of Leaving Leaves you find some words I chose from your comments... write something with them... poetry or prose... just try to use as many of them as you can...If you are interested... write it on your blog and let me know to put your link here...

The word she gave me was 'beneath' and this is what I wrote:

Beneath
What is friendship?
What lies beneath?
Is it as frail as it seems?
Just a puff of smoke.....

After a very tough week at work, with lots of conflict all around me...and having to choose between popularity or professionalism (guess which one I'd choose every time?)....I find myself in the odd position of maybe losing what I thought was a good friendship as well....
Such is life....reminds me that we come into this world alone and we leave it alone....and in between...well, I guess we are alone too!
I painted this months ago and love it. Seems just right for this post....two friends, together yet apart.
(No comments necessary.)